Safely Remove Lead Paint From Your Home
Removing the lead paint from your older or historic Kirkland home is vital to your health and the long-term value of your home. Lead paint presents health hazards that can be avoided with professional lead paint removal provided by SFW Painting. As a certified Safe Lead Renovation Firm, we have the experience, training, and skill to remove the lead paint from your home safely and effectively.
Lead Paint Removal is Serious Business
Having the lead paint removed from your home requires trained professionals who use specialized equipment and advanced technologies. This is very important because inadvertent inhalation of lead dust or ingestion of lead paint particles can be highly hazardous to your health. While many home improvement endeavors are worthy causes for the average person, lead paint removal is one you really should allocate to SFW Kirkland professionals.
Top Notch Lead Paint Inspection & Removal
If you suspect your home was built with lead paint, it’s important to have a lead paint inspection. SFW Painting inspects all layers of the interior and exterior painted surfaces of your home for lead paint, including the body, trim, soffit, eves and accent areas. When lead paint is found, we employ environmentally safe lead paint removal techniques, such as UV scraping, electric paint shaving, lead paint encapsulation, and good old fashioned hand scraping. Lastly, we utilize advanced HEPA technologies to thoroughly clean your home and property, ensuring it is 100% lead-free.
Why Remove the Lead Paint from Your Home? Because It’s Toxic!
Lead paint was banned from use in residential painting by the Environmental Protection Agency in 1978. While the 70s and the age of disco are long gone, many homes built before 1978 still contain lead paint—which means they are not safe for human habitation. Ingestion of lead paint causes lead poisoning that can result in developmental delays, learning disabilities and behavioral problems in children. Adults with lead poisoning can suffer internal organ damage, anemia, brain and nervous system impairments, seizures, and even death.
Accidental Lead Paint Ingestion
Most adults know not to eat paint of any kind; however, curious children and animals who find lead paint peels or chips on the floor may eat them not knowing the dangers. Lead paint particles on household surfaces may also lead to inadvertent ingestion. Lastly, lead paint is commonly ingested by breathing in fine dust particulates emitted from the opening and closing of windows and doors painted with lead paint.
Great experience, from initial contact through to final invoice payment. Painters (Wendy & Max) were careful, considerate, thorough, and professional. The estimate and work in progress accounting was fair, transparent, and responsive. Highly recommended.
SFW from start to finish on my two decks were exemplary. Alex and Bryan supervised their team and were kind, professional and kept me in the loop every step. They were also very clean and timely. I highly recommend this company for any of your construction needs.
Greg and team did a great job of managing the project. Work was done in a timely and efficient manner and communications were clear and professional. Any follow up items were quickly addressed and I am very pleased with the paint work that was done.