Lead Paint Removal Beaverton

Safeguard your home and protect your family from the dangers of lead paint.

SFW Painting Specializes in Lead Paint Removal

Beaverton has many beautiful and historic homes that are a pleasure to behold. However, due to less stringent environmental laws during the era in which many of these homes were built, lead paint may have been used in their construction. Because the lead in lead-based paint is hazardous to human health, lead paint removal is strongly recommended as a measure to keep your home safe and you and your family healthy.

Professional Lead Paint Removal

Lead paint removal is a highly technical process that should be performed by trained professionals who can do it safely. SFW Painting is a certified Lead Safe Renovation Firm, which means we ensure that all the lead paint in your home is removed or encapsulated to keep the interior and exterior of your home completely safe. As an experienced Beaverton lead paint removal service, we use best practices and follow strict guidelines for removing lead paint safely.

The Dangers of Lead Paint

These days lead is not a legal substance in paint as it was banned by the Environmental Protection Agency in 1978. However, before our government wised up to the health hazards of lead paint, it was widely used in residential and commercial construction. For this reason many homes built in the mid-20th century or earlier contain lead paint. If your home was built before 1978 it’s a good idea to have it inspected for lead paint.

Lead paint has been scientifically proven to be very dangerous to human health as it can cause a host of health problems – including impaired nervous system and brain function, internal organ damage, seizures, unconsciousness, and even death. Lead poisoning via lead paint can also result in serious learning disabilities and behavioral problems in children.

Free Estimate

Please fill out the form and we’ll be in touch immediately to discuss your project.

How Lead Paint Can Be Ingested

You may be thinking that because the lead is in the paint on your walls that there is not much to be concerned about. However, as homes age and the paint begins to deteriorate it will often crack and crumble, falling in small pieces to the floor – where children or even pets may ingest it directly through their mouths. Lead paint can also be inadvertently ingested via the lead paint dust particulates that are emitted into the air when doors and windows are opened and closed repeatedly.

Great experience, from initial contact through to final invoice payment. Painters (Wendy & Max) were careful, considerate, thorough, and professional. The estimate and work in progress accounting was fair, transparent, and responsive. Highly recommended.

L. Frederiksen

SFW from start to finish on my two decks were exemplary. Alex and Bryan supervised their team and were kind, professional and kept me in the loop every step. They were also very clean and timely. I highly recommend this company for any of your construction needs.

J. Daniels

Greg and team did a great job of managing the project. Work was done in a timely and efficient manner and communications were clear and professional. Any follow up items were quickly addressed and I am very pleased with the paint work that was done.

A. White