Remove Lead Paint From Your Gig Harbor Home
Lead is a heavy metal substance that is highly toxic to the health of humans and animals. In 1978 the Environmental Protection Agency banned the use of lead paint in household applications due to health hazards. Lead paint leading to lead poisoning in children has been found to cause learning and developmental disabilities as well as behavioral problems. In adults, lead poisoning can cause seizures, anemia, brain and nervous system impairments, internal organ damage, and death. If your home was built before 1978 contact SFW for lead paint removal in Gig Harbor, Washington.
Ways in Which Lead Paint is Ingested
As homes get older, the paint cracks, peels, and crumbles to the floor and other household surfaces where it can be inadvertently ingested, especially by young children and pets. Through repeated us, the lead paint on doors and windows is emitted into the air as fine dust particulates and ingested via breathing. Having lead paint in your Gig Harbor home means you are exposing yourself, your family and your friends to a potential health hazard that can be avoided through professional lead paint removal.
Professional Lead Paint Inspection and Lead Paint Removal
If you suspect your home was constructed with lead paint, the first step is to have a professional Gig Harbor lead paint inspection. SFW Painting inspects all layers of all exterior and interior painted surfaces of your home for lead paint. If lead paint is discovered, we perform expert lead paint removal using proven strategies, such as electric paint shaving, UV scraping, lead paint encapsulation and good old fashioned hand scraping.