Why Lead Paint is Dangerous in Your Lake Oswego Home
Simply stated, lead paint is dangerous because it contains lead – and the lead is widely recognized as one of the most harmful substances in the environment today. Exposure to lead paint can cause lead toxicity which may result in low-level symptoms such as irritability and abdominal pain, but can also cause developmental delays, neurologic changes, and have detrimental effects on brain functioning.
Before lead was recognized as such a toxic substance it was used routinely in household paint. If your home was built before 1978 it may have lead paint – it wasn’t until then that the EPA recognized the dangers of lead paint officially and banned its use.
Having Your Home Evaluated for Lead Paint
SFW Painting is a licensed Lake Oswego lead paint removal specialist that will provide a comprehensive inspection of your home for lead paint. The process entails evaluating all painted areas of your home: the body, trim, soffit, accents, and eves. It requires examining both exterior and interior painted surfaces as well as all layers of paint on your home.
Effective and Affordable Lead Paint Removal Strategy
Evaluation and removal of the lead paint from your Lake Oswego home can be a simple or complex procedure, and we understand the monetary burden this could impose upon you. So we do our best to devise a cost-effective plan that will enable you to provide you home with this most upkeep which is really a preventative maintenance strategy for your health and the health of your family.
Lake Oswego Paint Contractor with Deep Roots in the Construction Industry
SFW Painting is a division of SFW Construction, LLC. We handle all the painting needs and if you need any repairs–like siding, dry rot, or anything else construction-related, SFW Construction steps in seamlessly to keep the project on schedule.