Why is Lead Paint so Dangerous to Your Health?
Lead is a heavy metal that is highly toxic to humans and pets. As homes age, the paint gets old and begins to crack, peel and crumble to the floor. Once it collects on the floor inside your home or the ground outside, small children and pets may ingest it directly. Lead paint is also emitted into the air as fine dust particulates when doors and windows are repeatedly used. The presence of toxic heavy metal in or around your home creates an environment that may be unsafe.
Lead Paint Removal From your Oregon City Home
Having recognized the hazards, it presented to human health, in 1978 the Environmental Protection Agency banned the use of lead paint in domestic and residential construction. At this point, the homes built before 1978 are 40+ years old and the lead paint is more likely to crack, peel and disintegrate – which releases the lead paint into the surrounding environment (both inside and outside your home), where it can be ingested by humans and pets.
SFW Painting provides sustainable, green lead paint removal, including UV scraping, electric paint shaving, lead paint encapsulation, and traditional hand scraping for your lead paint removal Oregon City. Our trained workers apply industry approved best practices to ensure a safe and thorough lead paint removal process.