Lead Poisoning Health Hazards
Lead paint can be ingested when paint debris or particulates fall to the ground, where they may be eaten by children and animals, or when they settle upon household surfaces, where they can be inadvertently ingested by anyone. Most commonly, lead paint dust particulates are breathed in when emitted into the air through repeated use of windows and doors painted with lead paint.
Once ingested, lead paint can cause a host of health problems, including developmental disorders and learning disabilities in children, as well as seizures, internal organ damage, and nervous system and brain impairments in adults. As a highly toxic heavy metal, lead poisoning shouldn’t be taken lightly. In fact, the EPA and federal government have warned that no amount of lead ingestion is safe.
Optimal Lead Paint Inspection
In order to thoroughly inspect your home for lead paint, SFW Painting conducts an examination and analysis of all painted surfaces on the interior and exterior of your home, including the body and trim, soffit and eves, and accent areas. We provided you with a detailed scientific report on the presence of lead paint in your home. If we find evidence of lead in your paint, we devise a strategic and cost-effective plan to remove it. If no lead paint is found, you can rest assured that your home is safe and clear.